The placement of   Stapari has made this village sort of gate of Uzice as it a crossroad for main roads that connect different countries. The road that connects Solun and Sarajevo, Užice and Višegrad. The railway Stalać-Sarajevo and Belgarde-Bar and the airport of Ponikve.   We can say that you could use all means of the transport except for the boat to come to Stapari. This could sound silly but we should not ignore the fact that the boroughs with these advantages are very rare in Serbia, and not to mention the villages.

Roda network


Road network




paved roads


unpaved roads







59 km



34 km


58 %


25 km


42 %


The commerce rоad Saloniki-Sarajevo, In the Ottoman era, this road went through Stapari that used to connect western Serbia and Eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina.This was the road of great importance at the time for the state but also for the life in Stapari. There was also customs in the village and six taverns as well. In 1836 a group of Staparians had a commerce passport to export goods from Macedonia to Dubrovnik. Even today we can find the remains of those ancient roads.

Маin road Užice-Višegrad, It was constructed in 1920s at first, it was an old macadam road and than reconstructed in 1970  and from then on it has become the main road. It was the imoportant unit for the state as it was connecting Western Serbia with Eastern Bosnia and the seaside. After construction of the main road next to Zlatibor its role has become less imoprtant but it is still one of the roads that could be used like an alternative.

The old railway Užice-Vardište The old railway Uzice-Vardiste is part of the greter railway Stalać-Sarajevo. It started working 25th  of December 1925 and was an important road of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and not long after of Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. One part of this railway went through Stapari and there was a station as well. The famous old train ‘Ćira’ was one of the main modes of transport and also a place to work for many villagers. Unfortunately, it stopped working in 1974. Today, the biggest part f this railway is a road and the old tunnels are inevitable part of the Staparian panorama

The railway Belgarde-Bar, national railway in Former Yugoslavia, today  international, was being built 25 years, from 1951 to 1976. The opening ceremony had place 28th of May 1976 when the famous ‘Blue Train’ with the state representatives and of course Tito traversed the villages. One part of this railway goes through Stapari..

The airport of Užice- Ponikve, placed in the estern part of Tara mountain, about 13  km from Užice. Eastern part of the airport is provided with flying control objects, warehouse and the apron is placed on the teritory of the village Stapari and is one of the most important objects. It was built in period from 1976 to 1983. The army of Yugoslavia took the direction in 1922. In September 2009, it started being used as a civil airport.

The electricity

The electricity came to Stapari in 1963. From 1997 the complete reconstruction has been done. Public lightening is active in the small villages of Utrina and Dolovi and the project for the rest of the villages is in progress.

Water supply

The public fountains: Rajkovac, Crkva, Stublic и  Lukici.


Public water supply system:





number of households (customers)

Mijatovica vrelo



Crkveno vrelo




Divljakovica vrelo






The are eight locations with the cemetery : Papica brdo, next to the church, Ponikve, Pruzevina, Gredica, cemetarz of Trnava, Sindjic cemetary, Mladjenović cemetary.


A special type of tomb next to the roads is present in this area. There are three of those in Stapari’s teritory: on Anina, in the center of the village and in the Sindjic gaj.